1

If I were the last man on earth

Posted by Ling Gz on 4:16 PM
If I were the last man on earth

      
I was just sitting on the couch daydreaming with national geographic on the TV when it suddenly dawned to me. What if the world suddenly ends right now, like a meteorite suddenly crashed into the earth, or every volcano suddenly erupts in the world or tsunamis are created everywhere? What if, I was the last man on the face of the earth? What would I do? Would I scavenge the ruins, looking for shelter; or would I seize the opportunity to explore the world?
            Finally, I've decided. I would reshape the world as it is before the humans had tampered with it. Before plastic was ever invented; before oil was ever found; before the world had a fever. I would make paradise for the future intellectual creatures that will live in this world we used to call earth.
            Now comes to the problem on how. How in the world can I, as a person, do that? I asked myself as I stare into open space. Closing-the-lights-after-you-leave-a-room kind of things will not do nor would the recycling-everyday kind. I would need to do something drastic, something big enough that would affect the whole world. Maybe I can plant trees. But wait, how would I plant the entire world with trees? And if I plant just one kind of tree, would it be enough? But wait, my scientific part of my mind said. My mind then recalled the bio lesson I had on Friday, something about cloning and mutation. Yes; that's what I would do. I would plant seeds which would be cloned to produce many seeds to speed up the process right here, in my backyard but before that, I would mutate it so that it will produce seeds that would be carried away with the wind, (um, there would still be wind right?)
            But wait, how will the next time future intellectual beings will ever know about us, as the pre-inhabitants of this beautiful mother earth? Surely there would be archaeologist with maybe 4 hands and 3 eyes but how would they know how to treat this beautiful planet? Will they repeat the mistakes that we humans have made before? So, I think that before my dying breath, I would write a diary, no, a journal, about the mistakes we humans have already made in the past. I would include everything I know about our physics, bio, chemistry, history (then again maybe not) so that they would have a head start.
             Next, I would......... After that I would.......... as I was thinking about it,  without realising , I feel asleep, dreaming about the wonderful things I would do if I were the last man on earth.

1 Comments


Something seems to be still unresolved here ... I guess too much thinking does make one sleepy.

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Ling's writing desk All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Blogger Templates.