1

supposed to be my second post but...... you know.

Posted by Ling Gz on 2:35 PM
A very good “actor”
It was a cold and stormy night. I was walking in a back alley when I saw a man in tatted clothes holding a gun pointed at me.*someone threw me a ball of crumpled paper and shouted, “CUT THE DRAMA!!!!”* O.K. O.K. fine. I’ll start the real story.  
It wasn’t a cold and stormy night-fine now Mr. he-who-thru-the-paper-at-me? -but a warm and sunny morning. I was walking down India Street, which is infamous for its number of beggars, when I saw a guy in tatted clothes.  He gave me the impression that he is old and helpless. He was skinny and his hair was messy and sticking together like he hadn’t eaten or washed his hair for days. He looked so innocent. He came to me and said,
          “Please, could I have a dollar for a sandwich? I’m very hungry and I haven’t eaten for days.”
           Feeling sympathetic, I gave him the dollar. Come to think of it, I feel like a donkey. He smiled and thanked me repeatedly before leaving, his face still hanging a sinister smile which I didn’t noticed. I was feeling good for myself as I helped someone.
          Felling for the need to celebrate, I went to a nearby café to have a drink and that’s when I saw him. The man I gave a dollar to. He looked different as he doesn’t have a beard but I could recognize the voice anywhere.
          “Boss, a pack of cigarettes.” He said in his broken English.
Then I came to realisation that that man was a con. I just sat there staring, full of rage! How dare him! He used MY MONEY to buy useless cigarettes! If it wasn’t for the fact I controlled my anger, the consequence would have been… you know.
          So every time I see a beggar, I would be in a dilemma;

To give or not to give?

1 Comments


I like your writing style and the fact that you are very creative. But do go over the work whenever you've written something as mistakes tend to 'magnify' themselves at the next second or third read through.

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Ling's writing desk All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Blogger Templates.